Monday, February 14, 2011

Things That Happened Today

1. I got a rose from a random stranger. I think this was part a fraternity event.

2. A student in the class I'm observing ran up and hugged me because it was Valentine's Day.

3. I realized that I absolutely hate one of the classes I'm in. It isn't the content that's a problem, or event the workload. I just don't like the professor or the way she has organized her class.

4. I played a video game for the first time in weeks.

5. I realized I will probably never sit on the couch in the apartment's living room ever again, since my roommates (and the people who lived here before) managed to make it smell so bad that the odor seeps into my clothing when I sit down for too long.

6. I realized that a guy I used to like is probably spending the day with a girl I used to be incredibly jealous of. I, honest to God, didn't care that he asked me for advice on what to do for Valentine's Day. I can no longer tell if this is some sort of "step" for me, or if I just don't give a shit about anything anymore.

7. I discovered that I hate, hate, hate online courses. I've never been enrolled in a course that is officially online, but four out of six of my classes use four different online formats for downloading things and uploading assignments.

8. I realized that the only reason I'm signing a lease for the suite for next fall is because I don't know how I'd get housing on campus otherwise.

9. I ate entirely too many sweets.

10. I met a young kid who looks like the girl from #6. Same hair, same clothes, same jewelry, similar bone structure. One is just 12 or so years older than the other.

No comments: