Friday, February 18, 2011

News, and a Little Positivity

The doctor I went to today wanted to put me on antidepressants. I said no, that I wanted to wait for my lab results to come back. I'm going to get my thyroid and some other stuff tested on Monday. I'm proud of myself for saying no to the meds, for the time being at least. And I thought I should list some things that are going good in my life. I shouldn't dwell on my insanity or on my grievances.

1. I'm doing really, really well in all of my classes, in spite of all the shit that's going on.

2. I am very happy about the gorgeous weather we've been having here lately.

3. I am slowly making friends. I have a few people that I see regularly and talk to. I just need to take a step and invite someone to do something with me.

4. I love my car.

5. I just recently discovered that I can drive without my glasses. Not legally, but functionally.

6. I got a vibrating face washer thing. It really helps with my skin, but I can't use it without think of that awkward dildo/buttplug commercial my dad and I saw on tv. It's the one infomercial where no one demonstrates the product, but I imagine sales would skyrocket if they did.

7. I probably have the most supportive, yet least annoying, parents in the world.

8. I might be getting a new mp3 player soon. This will make me incredibly happy if it happens. No word from mom yet about it, though. I think if I get a new one, I may void the warranty on the old one and try to fix it myself.

9. I'm slowly rebuilding a relationship with my stepsister. It's mostly centered on Facebook, but it's better than nothing. She wants to come to the school I'm at. I don't think she'll be admitted, but I'm proud of her for trying.

10. I submitted my admissions application to the College of Education. I'm almost 100% certain I will be admitted.

No comments: