Tonight I Facebook-stalked myself from a "fake" account. In my defense, it's a name I'd use if I were a published author. Anyway, I learned that for my "real" account:
1. No one can search for me by name if he/she is not my friend.
2. You can only see that I have an account if you click the link to my page on someone else's page.
3. You can't add me as a friend unless you're part of my network or whatever.
So in the interest of future employers, I've decided that I will probably remove my networks from my Facebook profile. I'll also probably change my profile picture to something wholesome. And anyone I'd ever use as a reference would be blocked from seeing anything I'd post (not that we'd likely be Facebook friends anyway, but who knows?).
More stalking to come.
1 comment:
I really value privacy on Facebook. I like having it and all, but just for communication: I don't want my whole life up there-- that's what this blog is for. :-p
Also, I really like the idea of a Dysfunctional Family scrapbook. Oh goodness. I could have a lotta fun with that.
Post a Comment