Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goals for the Semester

I feel like these could actually be met.

1. Save money. I'm putting myself on a budget of $40-$50 per week for food, gas, and random stuff. If I want anything that costs more than that, I'll have to wait until I have enough budget surplus to pay for it.

2. Get a credit card and only use it to build credit history.

3. Learn to play Nirvana's "Something in the Way" on guitar.

4. Read all of the graphic novels I borrowed from my uncle.

5. Work out or otherwise find exercise every day. Walking to class does not count.

6. Eat less junk food. I can't eat it if I don't buy it, re: goal #1.

7. Use up all the pages in my journal. There are only 20 or so left.

8. Go to the library to do my homework so that my closet-sized bedroom doesn't have to be more dreadful than it already is.

9. Since I recently found out my room assignment cannot be changed until the 26th, find a way to work out my roommate situation. But I'm only putting in as much effort as I see coming from them--and not collectively.

10. Enjoy my weekends, whether it means saving up the money to come home or if it means saving up the money for trips to Charlotte. I'd forgotten that I won't have Friday classes, and I'm going to try to schedule my fieldwork during the other four days of the week. I would like to have Fridays truly free again.

11. If I manage all of this well, look for a part-time job.

12. Sell at least one pair of panties. For the hell of it. For the money.

13. Go on a date. I'm not looking for a hook up. I'm not looking for a relationship. I just want a date before the semester's out.