I have this perception that I treat my life like a filing cabinet. All the different facets of my life have their own folder. Home. School. Boyfriend. Friends. And when one of those facets changes or is removed, everything associated with it will be eliminated too.
When I break up with my boyfriend, none of his friends will still be my friend (except for one who swears we met before I knew my boyfriend). It's not because those people don't like me or that we have nothing in common. But I can't remain friends with him. We never were friends to begin with. That would make remaining friends with his friends more than a little awkward for me.
When I graduate from this school, I highly doubt any of these people will still be my friends. I can already see this starting to happen with the people I've known the longest.
And I think that's why I haven't bothered much to try to make a lot of friends. I'm afraid that will make things too complicated when it's time for me to leave this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment