Monday, March 28, 2011

The Greatest Intern of All Time Is...

I wish I could see myself the way fourth-graders do. Namely,
Beyond awesome
Rules
Intelligent
Top of the teaching scale
Totally rad
Amazing
Nowhere near boring
Young and beautiful

Seriously, I got fifteen construction paper cards from kids today. It was my last day observing in the fourth grade room. They thought I was a real intern who was leaving to get a job or something. Well I am. At the grocery store. Then I'm taking two more semesters of classes and then I'll be a real intern. Shit, these kids are going to be in middle school before I graduate.

The thought depresses me.

One kid wrote that Monday was his favorite day because he knew I'd be there. That's really sweet because all I was doing most of the time was taking notes.

I like all of the cards the kids gave me. They're all so sweet. I wish those kids would stay that way, but I have to wonder how many of them will. I hope they all turn out okay. I think my favorite one was the one that described me as

Magnificent
Intelligent
Smart
Scholar
Racy
Original
Proper
Extraordinary
Relaxed

Pretty much just because I really hope this kid doesn't know what "racy" means.

1 comment:

SARAHMILLER! said...

This is so cute. OMG. Kids can be so great. Damn.