Monday, July 25, 2011

Things and Stuff

I've noticed a lot lately that my room has become very cluttered and somewhat disorganized. I have a lot more stuff than I actually use, but I did get rid of a few things last week--two bags of clothes and shoes. Tonight I'm going to try to get rid of some more stuff and rearrange my furniture so that I can make my room more functional.

So I have decided to make a list of things that I will pack to go to school. If it doesn't make the list, it won't go. It's as simple as that. And I suppose that if I find that I need something, I will make a list of things I miss and come home to get them one weekend.

I want to make my 7x8 prison cell as homey as possible without having too many distractions, and I want to make it as efficient as I can. I'll be taking seven classes in the fall semester, and I will need as much time as possible to work out, see my friends, and do my homework as I can possibly find.

My goal is to be able to pack only my own car to take my stuff to school in. And I'm not sure if I want my parents to come with me to move in or not. They usually do, but it's always embarrassingly tearful and depressing for me when they leave.

I also have a weight loss plan for the upcoming semester as well. Not that I am holding my breath or anything. I am fortunate enough that I can eat ice cream several times per week (in addition to my usual meals) and lose weight. But the moment I start living off salad, yogurt, and granola bars--BAM! I gain weight. Bodies are weird.

P.S. It's also strange to think that I am going to be 22 this year, but my parents are only 40. Happy birthday, dad...who hopefully doesn't read this.

1 comment:

SARAHMILLER! said...

Seven classes! Oh my god. You're gonna be busy, but at the end of it all you'll feel like a badass for surviving.

I have a bumper sticker on the back of my car that says "The more you know, the less you need." I think it's true, even if it's ironic that I bought a bumper sticker to say that. But that's how I feel about a lot of things: I want to be able to pack as much as I need in my car. Good luck with all that.