Wednesday, May 25, 2011

List of Crap to Maybe Not Buy

1. Textbooks for class. There is nothing like borrowing three classes of textbooks from a friend, only to discover two the books may not be used for their respective classes. Yay, college.

2. Zune battery/repair kit. An iPod is my last resort. I don't want to drop $250 to get an iPod big enough to hold all my music and then have a copious amount of free space. And there isn't any more music that I can comfortably delete from my hard drive.

3. Perfume. I'm a sucker for it. But maybe I can wait for my birthday to roll around and ask mom for it.

4. Curtains and a curtain rod for my bedroom. The one at home that I don't sleep in for 75% of the year.

5. A new portable hard drive. All of my documents and music are backed up on a hard drive that I've had since middle school. My laptop is just as old. I don't need a new laptop, but the portable hard drive makes terrible fish gravel noises.

6. A passenger side mirror for my car. Because as soon as I replaced the driver's side mirror, the damn passenger side one fell off. But I love my car.

7. Pay Winthrop the money I owe to them. Or else they'll drop my fall schedule. Fun times.

8. Brake job for my car. Also a front-end alignment, since my car pulls to the left a lot, especially when I hit the brakes.

9. Get a real haircut. I haven't had anyone else cut my hair in eight or nine months. I haven't had a real haircut in years.


10. Decorations for my room at school, because after three years of staring at blank white walls, I finally decided it was time to put something up there.

1 comment:

SARAHMILLER! said...

I think you should get a real haircut (as a nice change), pay Winthrop, and fix your car-- depending on how much you use it. Maybe you can find some of your textbooks at the library? I was able to do that, but then again most of what I needed for my classes were novels...

Money sucks.