Sunday, January 30, 2011

Normal. Not.

I'm going to the library today. I'm trying my hardest to convince myself it is perfectly normal to be afraid of the library, especially since it's allegedly sinking an inch every year because the architect forgot to account for the weight of the books in the design and engineering.

I think this is the lie every college campus tells so they can squeeze rich people for money to build a new library. Right now our new library is a gravel parking lot and a big sign with a picture of a nonexistent building. It's been that way for years.

The new library will still terrify me.


EDIT
On the walk to the library, I realized that I spend a lot of time explaining to myself that "____ is perfectly normal." The catch is that normalcy is relative, and perfection is a myth.

No comments: